We can start the New Year with some great news.
Start a new project in Malawi!
We recruited almost 100 new clients in Malawi. Are you interested in starting a new project? If you can free up one hour per week of your time in the next six months, this is a great opportunity to empower African entrepreneurs with your business skills. Contact Sophie Kumwanje (firstname.lastname@example.org) in case of interest.
Draft results on survey for the World Bank
In September you were asked about your clients’ key concerns. The London Business School was contacted by the World Bank about the key business constrains for entrepreneurs in Kampala. While the results have not yet been shared with the Government of Uganda and Kampala Capital City Authority, we have been provided within a first draft insight of the results (more details here):
- At the macro level our clients encounter many constrains like the expensive properties in Kampala, the poor and spare roads or the inflation rate.
- Corruption, high tax rates and the customs’ regulations are considered as prohibitive for businesses.
- High costs impact the Ugandan businesses drastically, especially high loans (which restrict them in their ability to buy new products or equipment)
- The lack of skills of our clients (e.g. on Marketing) and their employees is something many of us have witnessed
The results of #Uganda600 have not yet been consolidated, but will be made available to you as soon as we have them!
Help us hit our fundraising target of £5,000 by the end of the month!
Until now we have been able to collect more than 4500GBP. Thank you to everyone who as supported us so far! Our partners at Genesis Charitable Trust have generously extended the match-funding period for another month. So any money you give, will continue to be doubled.
£20 per month – just 66p a day – will put an African entrepreneur through our programme:
- Check out our fundraising page for more details: https://mydonate.bt.com/events/doubleup
UK citizens, don’t forget about Gift Aid!
- Click here to find out how you can “give as you earn” by making regular contributions through your payroll: https://cafdonate.cafonline.org/2524.
So you can see: we have some great opportunities in the year ahead of us. Looking forward to continuing to work with you and making Grow successful!